Join a Creative, Fun and Innovative Program for Kids!
In Talk to the Camera, students embrace their on and off camera personalities, boost self confidence and become more effective communicators as they create their own news broadcast, vlog, music video or mini-movie.
We are looking for part-time caring, creative, fun and motivated instructors that are passionate about empowering youth through on camera activities.
Our instructors believe in the benefits of Talk to the Camera and participate in positive change every day. Their energy and enthusiasm encourages kids to become the best communicators they can be!
We offer competitive compensation for our instructors starting at $25 per hour and 1/4 class and starting at $15 per hour and 1/4 class for our assistants. There is potential for more compensation, after hire.
As a member of the Talk to the Camera team you will:
- Teach and mentor students ages 5 to 14 from diverse backgrounds and academic levels
- Follow provided lesson plans and be able to improv when necessary
- Learn how to run the camera, tripod and monitor
- Build relationships with parents and students
- Attend comprehensive training
- Foster relationships with local schools
Talk to the Camera Instructors should have:
- A heart for kids!
- Enjoy working with us as a part-time and fun opportunity
- Teaching experience, flexible in a variety of situations and excellent classroom management skills
- Some technical experience with cameras, editing is a plus
- Performance experience such as theater, acting, public speaking, debate, film, improv or stand up
- HIGH ENERGY, responsible and flexible
- A reliable vehicle and being punctual is a MUST
Believe and follow Talk to the Camera’s Mission, Vision and Core Values listed below:
- Talk to the Camera’s Mission
Inspire youth to feel empowered while using the camera as a tool to create a positive learning community. Students develop a stronger sense of imagination, literacy, expression, communication and social communication skills and become adaptable, life-long learners.
- Talk to the Camera’s Vision
Through authentic learning opportunities on camera, every student will develop a positive self image and tools to communicate in a variety of social environments.
- Talk to the Camera’s Core Values
Engagement, Culture of Trust, Inspiration, Perseverance, Passion, Positivity, Creativity, Critical Thinking & Collaboration.
If considered, Talk to the Camera will require a clean fingerprint and background check.
Please use the form below or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and provide your cover letter and resume if you are interested in becoming a Talk to the Camera instructor.